Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Favors, Vases and Old School Cousins!

I received all the playing card decks I had ordered from 'Oriental Trading'.  Mid May I was on a flight to Colorado to finalize some details of my wedding reception. 

One of my aunts, her friend and my cousin put together the vases and table favors.  The vases are from Dollar Tree and the seashells from Hobby Lobby.  With some clear colored glass beads, they are all ready to go for the table centerpieces with some flowers on the big day.

 
 
My aunt had the patience, or maybe nothing but time to do the playing card favors.  We did them in various ribbon colors/designs and the stickers are pre printed, "Thank You For Joining Us On our Special Day".  I believe it was a roll of 100 for $2.50.  I was pretty happy with her work since all I had to di was sit, have wine and supervise:) 

I picked up some faux crystal bowls from Dollar Tree with clear scoops along with some old time various candies and butter mints.  All individually wrapped.  I'm a big fan of individually packaged everything for times like this as there are so many viral infections going around these days. 

Irony of having some 'old school' family is that they think your wedding reception is like a local dance. Firstly there is a reason I hired a DJ who knows only to go off the list I suggest.  And that the 'Mustang Sally' crew are most likely in the Senior Home about now and should not hit my guest's ears. 

I also had lunch at the venue where will be holding my venue.  I'll keep quiet about that but I truly do like the owners.  Hence get a bit of feeling of no 'likeness from one of the servers.  All I got to say is expect a bit more love for what paying them from her to my guests.  It's all very frustrating all these little details. 

Final is I let my cousin go with me to meet my DJ and finalize a song list.  Another annoyance.  "IT'S JUST THREE SONGS.  MY GOD WHY ARE YOU BEING SO STUCK UP AND STRICT!" 
"BECAUSE IT'S MY DAMN WEDDING RECEPTION AND IT IS NOT GOING TO BE A CHICANO HO'DOWN!"  

lol - Ah multiple weddings are made for rich women but your once in a lifetime, is all yours!  Own, do it all you and your other half! 

No comments:

Post a Comment