Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Congratulations! You are getting married!

So the day has finally come that you can officially call your friends and family and tell them you are getting married.  Yayyyyyyy.  Cherish the moment as it's all fun and games from there.

My boyfriend and I had actually been together for 8 years.  So it surely was a sealed deal of good news to many we told.  We had already thought about a location to do it and let go of the decision to have a small ceremony and reception in Monterey CA to my hometown in Colorado.  We figured Colorado was a sane distance for those having to travel.  Easier financially for family, friends and especially our venue.  I come from a small town in Colorado.  Or small town/city.  Well lets put it this way the population there is over 100k but not yet 150k.  There is only one cab company.  You get my point. 

So we started with the calls and the plans.  Since neither of us are no spring chickens we felt a small feeling of lets at least have a couple of our closest stand up in the ceremony.  My other half chose his two long time best friends and I chose my two have never stabbed me in the back, always loved me no matter what cousins to stand up with his friends.  VOILA.  Plans seemed perfect!  My father was happy.  Well at least he was at this point. 

We began to call on venues, hotels and of course looking at dresses and all the hoopla for the wedding reception.  The ball was rolling.  Within a week I had a polished quote from a lovely ballroom at the local college in my hometown.  I did not think it was lovely then but keep reading and you will learn why appreciated it so much. 

It had listed every cost down to a 'T'.  A place that runs a tight ship adhering to local laws I read line by line for the hourly charges for the bartender, servers, security, for the ballroom itself, food, table and chair covers included.. it when on and on.  I signed the contract and had to bug my Father to get down there asap to put down the deposit.  Little did I know his troubles with his wife were just about to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment