Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Gowns and Gossip!


After countless calls to my Father to ask if he had read over the contract.  He finally eeked out a few words when his wife was not around, "Would 2k help you out?"  I told him my other half would call him eventually to discuss it.  He sounded either tired or sad.  That bothered me but having known his wife since I was 17, eh I figured she was upset because when it came to anything regarding me; she always had to have control through my father.  Or control of his involvement with me. Especially if money was involved.  I in my mind had already knew that at my age, why would I expect my father to be able to contribute even if I was his only child and my first and LAST marriage ever.   

Ok well we chose a dress color and ironically the color was discontinued from 'David's Bridal'.  We chose 'David's Bridal' as one of my cousins standing up is in Colorado and the other in Washington State.  'David's Bridal' is perfect as they have locations nationwide.  We decided on another color in which my cousin who was to be my Maid of Honor said, "Oh.  Greg said it will make our skin look flushed out with our tans.  We like the color APPLE."  I said.  "This is my wedding.  Not a burlesque show of red.  BTW your husband is not in my wedding but if he will get into a gown with some high heels he can wear whatever the hell color he wants!" 

We came up with a third color which all loved.  And I thought I was making this super easy as let them choose whatever dress they wanted as long as in that color and satin.  My cousin in Washington State was open to anything.  However here we go again with my maid of honor.  She called me and chose a private designer off the internet.  The dress was three times the money.  I could not figure out why when I give you a myriad of styles of choices, she was pushing this other designer.  Aha.. good ole' Aunty Gabriella who cannot keep a secret to save her life told me, "She does not like satin."   I was miffed and even more angry that had to hear it second hand.  So it began to bother me.  I told my other half, "Let's just elope and maybe have a dinner party in Colorado.  I dunno anymore." 

No comments:

Post a Comment